Pasta is such a versatile dish; one can have it for breakfast or as an evening snack or a meal. You can serve it as a main course or pair it with soup for a light and fulfilling meal. It’s easy to make and you can add any flavor or ingredients, vegetables as per your choice. This recipe serves two people and takes just 35 minutes to prepare.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup farelle pasta stoned ground whole wheat
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3-4 asparagus stalks
- 2 tablespoon grape seed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil four cups of water, add pasta to boiling water.
2. Add 1 tablespoon salt and let it cook for 15-20 minutes or until cooked, then turn off the heat and drain the excess water.
3. Heat a pan with oil, add the garlic and mushrooms, then sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Add the asparagus and sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add the pasta, salt and pepper.
6. Add the tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
7.Serve warm. It tastes great as it is and can also be enjoyed with other mixed veggies of your choice.
If you love Chinese take-out, lo-mien, or plain easy meals, this recipe is a sure treat. A balanced meal which comes together in mere minutes and uses only one pot is everyone’s friend. With this one-pot Cantonese noodles recipe, putting together a healthy dinner fix is a breeze.
What You’ll Need
- ½ lb prawns (or sliced chicken breast, or a combination of the two)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- 2-3 cups frozen vegetable mix of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower
- 2 cups chicken stock (you may need to add ½ cup water)
- 4-5 ounces of Cantonese noodles (you may also use egg noodles)
Let’s Make Some Easy-Peasy Cantonese Noodles!
1. Have all your ingredients ready.
2. Place everything in a deep enough pan (except half of the spring onions).
3. Cover for 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
4. Give it a stir to ensure the noodles cook through and the veggies and prawns are done nicely as well. At this point, you may add soy sauce for color but it’s not that important. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover again for another 3 minutes until the noodles has absorbed all the liquids.
6. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped green onions, enjoy! This recipe makes 2-3 generous servings.
Want a new idea to use your sizzling plate or stove top griller? Why not try this easy peasy chicken for a no-fuss crowd pleaser meal for your grilling party? It will make your cooking time really sizzle!
What You Will Need:
- ½ pound chicken breast, cut into strips
- ½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Lets Get the Chicken Sizzling!
1. Make sure you got all of your ingredients ready to go.
2.Heat your sizzling plate over high heat and grill the chicken on it until cooked.
3. Add the mushrooms and the peas and cook for 3 minutes.
4. To make the sauce or the gravy, mix together the water, soy sauce, ground pepper, onion powder and cornstarch.
5. Pour over the chicken, mushrooms and peas mixture. It will thicken immediately. Take off the heat and serve.
6. The dish easily serves two persons and the recipe can be easily doubled to feed more. Enjoy!
Want some new appetizer or cocktail recipe which is easy and palate friendly? This smoked salmon tortilla rollups is a crowd pleaser, perfect for gatherings with guests or for pot lucks. The best part is they look fancy and guests will think you got them from a specialty deli or restaurant although it is so easy that even someone who is a complete kitchen neophyte can do it.
What You Will Need:
- 12 inch flour tortilla (we are using whole wheat flour tortillas in this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Toothpicks or cocktail skewers
- 3 ounces of smoked salmon, sliced thinly
- A few leaves of lettuce (either ice berg or romaine)
- 3 slices of mild cheese (the one used for sandwiches)
Time to Roll up Some Appetizers!
1. Get all of your ingredients ready.
2. Spread the mayonnaise and the mustard over a rectangular area of the flour tortilla.
3. Add in the lettuce.
4. Add a layer of smoked salmon.
5. Then a layer of cheese. Arranging them this way will create a nice color contrast when you cut the roll up into slices.
6. Roll the tortilla tightly, secure with toothpicks/cocktail skewers about an inch apart. Use this as a cutting/slicing guide. Cut the rolled up tortilla using a very sharp knife.
7. This recipe is for a single roll which makes 10-12 slices.
This may be an Italian classic but this time we will be using locally grown ingredients. It’s very easy to do and something that I turn to when I am craving for pasta but I don’t have the luxury of time to do it.
What You’ll Need:
- 500 g Spaghetti noodles or Penne Rigatte – Cook pasta per package direction, when briskly boiling put salt and oil before adding the pasta
- 2 cans of good quality chunky tomato
- 120 g of bacon – chopped, any bacon will do but I prefer using honey cured because I like it a bit sweet, Yes, 120 g only because you just want a kick of bacon flavor to your sauce
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar – yes, Filipinos have a sweet tooth but don’t worry it won’t be overwhelming
- Fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili-flakes – you may adjust it according to preference
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. In a large skillet, put a teaspoon of olive oil. The reason why I only use a teaspoon of oil is because the bacon will release its natural fat which will add flavor to the sauce. When the oil is hot enough, add the bacon, cook it for a few minutes under medium heat or until the bacon is slightly golden brown and has released a lot of its own fat or juices. Then add in the garlic.
2. Add a pinch of hot pepper flakes. You can put as much as you want until you get the right kick that suits your taste.
3. Cook it for a minute or so or until the garlic becomes lightly brown.
4. Now, add in the crush tomatoes and sugar. Again, make sure you get yourselves good quality ingredients. When it comes up to a boil, reduce the heat on medium low and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Make sure you taste your sauce first before adding in the pasta.
5. Turn off the heat and toss in the pasta. Mix to perfection! Add parmesan cheese should you prefer to.
6. Serve the pasta and enjoy!
Craving a sweet, tangy, and cheesy breakfast sandwich? Then try this honey cheddar sourdough grilled cheese!
What You’ll Need:
- Sliced sourdough bread
- Cheddar slices (use sharp cheddar for best contrast of flavors)
- Any easy melting cheese of your choice
Let’s Make Some Awesome Grilled Cheese!
1. Preheat your griddle your pan as you prepare all your ingredients.
2.Lay down some cheddar slices on a slice of bread (photo shows two sandwiches).
3. Drizzle in some honey, and then add the easy-melt cheese.
4. Add another slice of bread to make a sandwich and spread some butter over it.
5. Place on a hot pan or grill over medium high heat and ‘cook’ each side until well browned and cheese is melted.
6. Slice diagonally and serve up!
7. Make as much as you want or make an entire batch for everyone! You can also make this ahead of time and freeze until you are ready to heat up your pan or grill. Enjoy!
Craving some quesadilla but have only a few ingredients? If you have some tortilla and happen to have some goat cheese or mozzarella, then this recipe is definitely for you!
What You Will Need:
- Flour tortillas (this recipe uses 12 inch diameter flour tortillas)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3-4 ounces of goat cheese
Lets Flip Some Quesadillas!
1. Get everything you need ready and set to go.
2. Using a non-oiled non-stick pan on medium heat, heat up both sides of the flour tortilla.
3. Place the red and green bell peppers, and the goat cheese on one side of the flour tortilla.
4. Fold the flour tortilla in half and flip until both sides are browned and the cheese have melted.
5. Cut the quesadilla in manageable wedges and serve with hot sauce and mustard for filling meal. This recipe serves two for snack portions and 1 for dinner. What’s great is that you may substitute the goat cheese for mozzarella or other mild cheese, making this dish totally customizable and convenient!
Do you need a quick yet attractive looking treats for your upcoming party or reunion? Or are you finding cool kitchen activities that you love to do with your kids? Or better yet, your kids hate bananas? Then this is the right tutorial for you! Today we will be making a quick, yet fun activity that would definitely catch the attention of your kids or guest. You can make several of these in minutes and you can finish in no time!
This will not only encourage your kids to eat bananas, but this is also a healthy alternative to junk foods that your kids maybe addicted to. So if you are interested, then let us start making this!
What You’ll Need:
- Several bananas
- A block of sweetened chocolate
- Several popsicle sticks
- Rainbow sprinkles
1. Peel the bananas.
2. Cut the bananas in half.
3. Stick the bananas on the popsicle sticks.
4. Slice the chocolate bar into small pieces and place it in a microwavable bowl or container.
5. Place the chocolate in a microwave oven for 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure to check the chocolate every minute to make sure that the chocolate will melt evenly and prevent it from burning.
6.Dip the banana on the melted chocolate. Be quick in doing this step since most of the melted chocolate tends to solidify in an instant. That would still vary on the type of chocolate bar you used. You have the option to cover it completely or leave the bottom part bare, it is all up to you.
7. Carefully sprinkle the rainbow sprinkles around the chocolate-covered banana. This is perfectly done when the chocolate is still in its liquid or semi-liquid state. Put the chocolate-covered bananas in the freezer for 30 minutes.
8. Finally done! You can now serve the chocolate covered bananas to your guest or your kids!
Craving something out of the ordinary but is easy to prepare and takes only a few minutes? You will surely love this recipe for Beef Honey Curry Stir Fry. Imagine succulent pieces of thinly sliced beef, in a smoky sweet and a bit spicy sauce with colorful veggies, it’s a delight is it not? This dish can be served with pita bread, pasta, noodles, or steaming hot rice, and it’s even better the next day. Yay!
What You Will Need:Half a pound of sukiyaki cut beef
- Half a cup of honey
- Half a cup of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium sized red onion, sliced
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium sized green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium sized yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
Let’s Get Cooking!
1. Prepare all the ingredients that you’ll need.
2. Marinate the beef with marinade made of soy sauce, curry powder, honey and ground black pepper and let it stand for 15 minutes.
3.Using half of the oil, sauté the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion and yellow bell pepper over high heat for a few minutes (usually just a little over a minute), taking care that the vegetables are cooked but not wilted. They should remain crunchy for great texture. Take the cooked vegetables off the pan and set aside.
4.In the same pan, add in the remaining half of the oil and cook the beef together with the marinade over medium heat until the sauce thickens and the beef is cooked through. This only takes 3-5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
5. Toss the cooked vegetables with the beef in the pan to coat it with some of the sauce and to bring all the flavors together.
6. Serve over steaming hot rice, mashed potato, or even pasta! This recipe makes for about 3-4 servings.